Miracle Blue Fire in Ijen and adorable Dolphine in Lovina

Ijen is one of  miracle place in the world, there are two in the world, in Iceland and Indonesia. What makes this place special ? is blue fire. This blue fire come out from the rock. Researchers found that it is not actually a fire that got out of there, but the reaction of sulfur gas with oxygen so it produces blue fire light. This trip it self no plan no itinerary i just follow the mood so i only book for one way ticket.
I start this journey from Jakarta took a train from Gambir station transit in Gubeng station Surabaya, arrive in Gubeng Station Surabaya i continue with economic train to Karang Asem station Banyuwangi, journey with train it take long time its around 20 hours total so i took convenient transportation to avoid my self from tiring before hiking. 
The best time to see blue fire is after sun goes down. if your not planned to stay in Banyuwangi like what i did, i do one day trip you have to match the time schedule to hike Ijen cause they are not open for 24 hour. This is operation hour to hike Ijen.
Time schedule to hike Ijen :
09.00 - 17.00 : Open 
17.00 - 01.00 : Closed
01.00 - 09.00 : Open
Fee entrance : Rp 7.500

I leave from Gambir st (Jakarta) 3pm arrive Gubeng st (Surabaya) 04.15 am the next day continue from Gubeng st (Surabaya) at 4.30 am and arrive to Karang Asem st (Banyuwangi) at 11.30 am, my target are i want to see blue fire at night so i will leave from Karang Asem st around 12 o'clock midnight, it still take 1 hour from Karang Asem station to foot mount Ijen with motorcycle and opening time for hike are at 01.00 am so i came just in time.
I still have plenty time for rest but i don't want rent lodging so i come over to Halfway house the name of the house is Rumah Singgah Banyuwangi everyone know this place is right in front of the station and its free. The owner and his wife is very friendly and polite they allowed me to have rest and have a shower. His name is Mas Rahmat, call in his mobile number 081913914231 to make appointment one day before you arrive just in case if they not at home at the time you came.
It still take  if you arrive early just staying in hostel around Karang Asem station or do like what i did, stayed in halfway house its free!!

My host and his wife
I met with a girl who want to join with me in this trip and we have rest in halfway house, get ready to go to foot mountain at 12.00 mid night, my host advice me to use thick jacket, hand gloves and special masker to avoid shortness of breath due to prolonged inhalation of sulfur gas. We rent motorcycle from the host it cost us Rp 75.000 plus gas Rp 10.000.
I am wearing long pants, hiking shoes, sweater, hand gloves and thick jacket for cover up my tiny body from cold air exposure, on my way to foot mount with bicycle is more more challenging for me, i can't stand with cold, my foreign friends only wear short and sweater and they fine with that, how could ?!?!... me.. i almost dying with this cold, this is not fair my dress seems like ready for war to fight this cold damn air... brrrrr...
    
With the angle of inclination of 45 degrees and the sandy roads made this trip more fun plus with a view of the added expanse of stars in the sky which was incredible beautiful view i've ever seen in my life, my fatigue was forgotten, one and a half hour climbing, i arrive at the peak, the next challenge is still waiting, I have to go down the rocks to be able to see blue fire, the road is not easy, I have to be very careful to not slip and if fell i my head could be hit a rock. getting closer to crater the concentrated of gas sulfur more thick it makes me hard to breath prepared for the special masker that will  be help. 


Moon and Fire
Crowd

Ijen Lake 

Sunrise 

What a view.. love love..

I don't have special camera to capture it, but it so beautiful avoid heavy smoke volcanic or that will kill you.
I only do one day trip to Ijen and decided go to Bali afterward with Ferry from Ketapang harbor to Gilimanuk harbor, the ticket only cost me Rp 6000, it so cheap ya...
From Karang Asem station took other train to Banyuwangi station, cause Ketapang harbor is right in front of that station. When you arrive in Gilimanuk harbor go right to Bus terminal that still inside of harbor area but becareful from pander (calo), bus from there to Lovina or Denpasar its only cost you around 30.000 - 40.000 rupiah, don't let them charge you more than that.

Its pretty easy to plan this trip i don't have itinerary for this, to reach from one place to other place it so easy, so you don't have to worry if you are solo traveler as long as people in Indonesia can speak Bahasa, if you get lost just ask if you don't know just ask.

I still don't know how many days i will spend in Lovina and still don't know what place i want to visit but i know i have to see dolpin at the sea tomorrow morning so when i arrive in Lovina i booked a boat from local fisherman, a man in my hotel advice me to book in his hotel but i see many Jukung (boat for fisherman) around the beach and i see the tourism in here not too busy so why i am not booking to them and help them even not much money i can give at least i can help.
Lodging in Lovina is also quiet cheap but nice, some place cost you under 150.000 rupiah that was include breakfast, hot shower, air con, and wifi. WOW..



North of Bali is really far to reach so tourism in there not too busy.

That morning i am so excited to see my fellas, the dolpin.. haha
Woke up at 5.30 and met Mr.Fisherman sharp at 6 o'clock in the morning i saw them jump on me they are moving so fast i did not even taken a photo.







In the same day i also went to Waterfall and temple in Ulun Danu Beratan Temple. I rode motorcycle from Lovina to Bedugul which take up to 2 hours drive. This journey was really fun with up and down spiral track. First stop is Gitgit waterfall, is located in Bedugul Singaraja it was easy to walk to the waterfall, i though is gonna be difficult track, so i was thinking to wear my hiking shoes, but they have stairs from the entrance to the waterfall so no too challenging. The entrance it self is a bit difficult to find i should asked the local to find out, all the way to the waterfall a lot of souvenir shop the seller were very persistent which very annoying. Fee entrance to Gitgit waterfall it cost me Rp 10.000.
Afterward i headed to Ulun Danu Beratan Temple, this temple surrounded by lake i never though that is a huge lake, i arrive around 4pm but the fog is very thick i wore jumpsuit sleeveless without bring jacket and i am freezing to the head. Fee entrance Rp 10.000

Time has shown at 5 o'clock i know i need to hurry cause from this temple to Lovina it take 1 hour or so with the thick fog and less of street light it could be dangerous and i rode by my self and i am girl, sometimes i think why i am so reckless like this.. hahha.. Just be brave!!
I try my best to reach Lovina before dark, keep praying all on my way and glad that i can reach Lovina in 40 minute for 29 km, not bad.
Lovina is so quiet not many tourist but the beach was nice with black sands, food and lodging is cheap here. I feel like really on holiday.. lol

The next day is my last day in Bali and have to come back to Jakarta, i booked flight aorund 8.30 pm so i still have plenty time a bit to spend day at the beach blue beach and white sands, Bingin is my last list for this trip. Arrive in Kuta at noon i rent motorcycle for Rp 60.000 for 24 hour, i only use it for half day but it still cost me full day.
I ride away to Bingin its only take 1 hour and this place is hidden i use google map to direct me also ask some local cause to find the entrance is a bit difficult but all worth it this place was really nice, it suitable who like to do surfing cause the waves was good for surf, i like it cause its quiet place,less tourist, white sands, blue beach and lodging and foods are cheap here.. haha.. i been here couple times but still love it.












Over all i am glad i do this trip, no plan but went really well. Most of my friend asked me how much budget for this trip? Actually how much money you will spend on the trip it depends on you to choose what transport you selected, what hotel, foods, place you want to visit there so many option and all depends on how much money you have and you will spending. Google it first about place you want to go, how much price for lodging if you want to staying in there i think that is pretty easy if you have very low budget you can ask someone in Couchsurfing to host you, i did it sometimes beside you get free lodging you also have new friend.


Komentar

Postingan Populer